Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hank Graduates from Medical School

So yes...it has been a long time since I have blogged! Life got a little bit crazy but today I hope to catch you up on the last three months and then keep you updated more often! So I left off in May when Jake and I flew to St. Louis for my brother's graduation from St. Louis University Medical School. On May 14th he walked in his cap and gown and brought the whole family to tears. He went through so much hard work to get to that day! We are all so proud of him. He is now starting his family medicine residency at the University of Washington in Seattle.
While we were in St. Louis we ate at many fabulous restaurants, toured the Anheuser Busch factory, stood under the arch downtown, went to a Cardinals game, and took many beautiful walks through Hyde Park.

Hank and Rachel in their St. Louis home.

Hank presented with an award from the St. Louis University Family Medicine Faculty.



Jake and I in our new pose inspired by Rachel!

Hank accepting his diploma!

The whole family at graduation. Rachel's sisters, her mom, her dad, Uncle Pete, Uncle John, Aunt Bev, Jake, my mom, my dad, Hank, and me!

The Peltos and Murrays at graduation!

Hank with his book, Why Do We Need Doctors, written by my second graders!

The family at Hank and Rachel's favorite pub, Dressels, for Hank's graduation party.



Jake and my Dad touring the Busch Factory.

Jake and I under the famous St. Louis Arch.

Hank, Marnie, My Mom, Rachel, Brad, Britney, and Dustin at Hank's graduation picnic.

Hank with his good friends Jonathan and Deb.


Jake and I at the Cardinals baseball game...it was free hat night!


Mom and Dad at the baseball game!

Rally cap time for Papa Hank!

Beautiful view from Busch Stadium.

One last walk by the Arch with the whole crew!

What better way to finish the weekend than a trip the Ted Drewes custard stand!

1 comment:

Jodie said...

I love your idea for the book from your kiddos. I might have to steal that next year! :)